Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mother Shock

I'm reading: Mother ShockTweet this!

Part II
In preparation for my role in the Literary Mama Blog Book Tour I am recounting my history with one of the book's editors, Andi Buchanan.

In 2003, I was delighted to win a copy of Andi's new book, Mother Shock. (See the previous entry for more details and my embarrassing mama-moment that won a copy of her book.) Although my boys were 2 and 4 and I'd already passed thru the Mother Shock phase, I thoroughly enjoyed her book- it was like a conversation with a good friend. Her writing is thoughtful, honest, and quite often funny as well. Mother Shock has become one of my favorite gifts for new moms.

Between the time I entered the contest and the time I received the book I'd completed my first piece: The Land of Young Children. I submitted it to Andi and she liked it enough to post on her site, www.phillymama.com.

Stop back here tomorrow to read the story and the story behind the story.

1 comment:

jim mcnelis said...

I'm stopping and...no story! Quit teasing! ;)