Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Captain Underpants

I'm reading: Captain UnderpantsTweet this!

Following up on the previous post....

If you live in the US and you've got a boy between the ages of five and ten you are probably familiar with Captain Underpants--more familiar than you ever wanted to be. Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants series is based on comics he created while sitting in the hall in elementary school because he had been kicked out of his classroom. The books are full of poorly drawn comics, misspellings, and potty talk...and boys love 'em! When my guys are allowed to play mindless computer games (something that happens all too rarely if you ask them) they like to go here. Scholastic.com also has Captain Underpants-themed games and activities. Most of the CU stuff grosses me out, but even I cannot deny the humor of Professor Poopypants' Name Change-0-chart 2000.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Kim-
A mutual friend told me about your blog - it's great.

I had to comment on this post. My sons spent years obsessing about Captain Underpants. Since they think of themselves as English (my husband comes from London), they created a British version: Admiral Knickers. They drew Admiral Knickers comic books and even created a computer version. His arch nemesis was "The Evil Nude Lord." (He had a large "censored" sign over his privates.)