Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bee Season

I'm reading: Bee SeasonTweet this!

Our short-lived spelling bee season has passed. Our event, graciously hosted by the Skokie Swift Starbucks, was a success. About 14 children participated, each comforted by a complimentary kid's hot cocoa as they were knocked out. Unfortunately, I was sick and missed my own event, but DH was a star and handled things just fine.

Despite a relatively healthy winter, I've been sick with some or other stomach bug twice this spring. Of course, the silver lining is that I'm losing weight just in time for bathing suit season!

And speaking of purging, today I'm off to children's resale shop. With the boys' permission, I am getting rid of several of their toddler toys- Mega blocks and Dupls. and other chunky toys of early childhood. There was some hesitation on their part-for example, Splinter has asked me to take photos of him with many of these toys so he can remember them- but the money we'll get from the shop is earmarked for a Game Cube or some other big kid toy that promises to turn them into video zombies, so they acquiesced.

No comments: