Friday, May 19, 2006

breaking out the "fat pants" again

I'm reading: breaking out the "fat pants" againTweet this!

Now that I've lost twice my weight in old toys and basement furnishings (we donated our old couch and a lounge chair), I'm off to the NRA. No, not the gun lobby; I mean the other NRA- the National Restaurant Association's annual foodfest in Chicago. I'll be leaving my dark, lonely blogging corner and heading out to learn about the latest trends in food and foodservice equipment. As I walk the miles (literally) of aisles, I will be sure to stop and sample the culinary delights and I will grab all the tchotckes I can for my boys because now that we've lost all this weight, it's time to start filling up again.

One year Ostrich was the up and coming meat (unfortunately, it never quite made it and some Illinois Ostrich farmers simply set their flocks free). Another year the big buzz was about frozen cheesecake on a stick. Rumor is that this year everyone is talking about trans-fat-free oils. I'm not sure how this will play out—lots of free French fries?

No comments: