Friday, June 23, 2006

Melon Balls

I'm reading: Melon BallsTweet this!

I've previously commented on my delight when high-tech children with loads of toys take interest in the simple, low-tech, and seemingly mundane aspects of life.

The other day my boys had a matching set of brothers over for a playdate. After their mom left, I stood staring at the ½ cut watermelon on my countertop imaging how lazy and embarrassed I'd feel if it was still there when she arrived to pick them up. So I got out my melon-baller and before I could even take the first scoop, I was surrounded by extremely eager little boys. Actually, Smartypants stayed in his room and read, but the other boys had a blast helping me scoop out the melon. The fun lasted a good 15 minutes, which, with young boys is like hours.

No comments: