Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Technical Difficulties

I'm reading: Technical DifficultiesTweet this!

Excuse us while we attempt to right some technical wrongs. I'm blogging from a satellite location while my stubborn laptop refuses to allow me to access the Internet. After pounding it strategically in a few places to no avail, DH stepped into troubleshooting mode and took over the keyboard. I rubbed his back and chatted him up as he clicked here and there opening windows I didn't even know I had. Eventually I decided the most helpful thing I could do was head to the kitchen for a bowl of ice cream and shout across the house every now and again to check in. DH was a star, but, alas, no Internet.

On a more cheerful note, we've started a new family-style blog, Scrambled CAKE. You can link to it from my profile on the right sidebar. The CAKE is dedicated to Eating Around Chicago with Kids. (EACK scrambled into CAKE, get it?) We'll fill you in on where to go and what to eat when you're cruising the metro area with ravenous young 'uns. Submissions are welcome. Just tell us (in 300 words) about a favorite restaurant or dining experience. Be sure to include the name and address of the joint and a typical meal cost (kid/adult). Oh yeah, and tell us a bit about you and your family while you're at it. And if you have any ideas for an adorable Scrambled CAKE logo, we'd love to see them.