Monday, August 28, 2006

A run of crazy dreams

I'm reading: A run of crazy dreamsTweet this!

My bizarre dreams continue. There is no clear theme running through them, no easily decoded metaphors, just odd bits like the one in which my boys were ages three and five and actor Jeremy Piven spent a summer as our "manny." It might sound odd that an actor would use his summer hiatus to take care of my kids, but he insisted after all the B.S. in Hollywood, struggling to meet the needs of my two preschoolers helped him "keep it real."

The only tenuous real-life connection is that Jeremy's mom belongs to my synagogue, so last year when I read one of my essays at Rosh Hashanah services, I imagined that he might be among the 600 or so folks in the audience.

Can you suggest a deeper meaning?

No comments: