Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Value-added coffee cups

I'm reading: Value-added coffee cupsTweet this!

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Starbucks. As soon I touch my sturdy paper cup with the corragated collar it's as though I've taken my first sip. I wrap my hands around the warm cup and breath in the coffee fumes and feel a wave of relief wash over my body. (Do I sound like an addict? This is why I limit myself to one or two 1/2 decaf mocha's a week. Well, that and the fact that they are expensive.)

I'm not just paying for quality coffee, though. I'm paying for a quality cup- it's made with 10% post-consumer recycled fiber and it's imprinted with a thoughtful quote. I loved this one from last Saturday's morning caffeine jolt:

Success in life is that your kids want to spend time with you once they've grown up.
from Paul Orfalea, Founder of Kinko's and author of Copy This!

Note to DH: Yes, dear, the cup is finally in the garbage.

1 comment:

Chessdad64 said...

Kim:

Your post inspired me to get out bed on this rainy Sunday morning and head to the Starbucks on Main in Evanston for my daily dose. Well kind of...you see I'm an addict too.

It was delightful meeting you yesterday in the bricks and mortor world. As I mentioned to you, I did a post a while ago about the connection between youth chess and gifted education --- it's at
http://chessdad64.journalspace.com/?entryid=146

Again, great to meet you --- and keep on blogging....

brad