Sunday, October 29, 2006

Guest Blogger: Kari Anne Roy

I'm reading: Guest Blogger: Kari Anne RoyTweet this!

When Kari Anne Roy posted this on our Austin Mama Blog, I immediately shot off a request asking to copy this funny bit on Hormone-colored Days. She said yes, weeks passed, and finally here it is.

Kari also blogs at Haiku of the Day and even has a Haiku Mama book!

Kari writes here about a recent visit from her aunt:

At least she lightens up after a few days. Usually.

You know that cliche - guests and fish start to smell after three days? Well, my aunt is visiting. We have one of those on again off again relationships - in fact, it's been almost a year since we've seen each other. I thought that with the baby and all, she'd stay away for a while longer (she's not really into babies), but she snuck into town last night.

It's been so long since we've seen each other, I'm afraid this is going to be a particularly long and trying visit. It's not that I don't love her. I respect her, and frankly, I wouldn't be the woman I am today without her. It's just that she cramps my style when she comes to visit. And it's not like I really have a "style" to begin with, she's just so dominating the whole time we're together, it really makes me crazy. If only she wouldn't sneak up on me like this, things would be better between us. I could plan for our visits, you know? She's just so spotty when it comes to actually giving me any notice before arriving - or leaving! God only knows how long she'll be here this time. Anyway, if I can make it through this exhausting visit, I'll hopefully be better prepared for the next go 'round.

Man. I really, really wish Aunt Flo wasn't such a bitch. And showing up at only 11 weeks postpartum? Un-f-ing-forgiveable.

No comments: