Thursday, December 14, 2006

ToC Review: Death by PowerPoint

I'm reading: ToC Review: Death by PowerPointTweet this!

Cross-posted at AustinMama.

I just received a review copy of what appears to be a cheeky, yet helpful, new book, Death by PowerPoint: A Modern Office Survival Guide by Michael Flocker (De Capo Press). Although it doesn't target on-ramp parents it promises to be much more relevant than the Comeback Moms, a disappointing (but not totally useless) book that came out this past summer.

I haven't yet read the book, so for now, I'll just review the Table of Contents.

Death by PowerPoint includes chapter titles that really speak to me. Titles like: The Lives of Drones and Workers. Apparently I've got a future as a drone, so I am definitely going to check out that chapter. Plus, it's the first chapter so it's too early in the book to start skipping around.

It's also got chapters on dress as well corporate politics and lingo.

It even has a chapter on sex in the workplace. Hmmm, maybe going back to work is more fun that I thought!

Oh wait, the final chapter is about preserving one's soul in a soulless business world. Ouch.

I'll be back in a week or two with highlights. Don't be daunted; it looks like a quick read. It's just that unless Santa brings me a week of laundry, meal, cleaning, and childcare services, these next couple of weeks will be packed.

No comments: