Sunday, February 11, 2007

My file cabinet, my life

I'm reading: My file cabinet, my lifeTweet this!

Originally posted in my back-to-work blog at

Last weekend I shredded hundreds of documents from my largely defunct consulting business. These papers were a testimony to my professional life before (and a year or two after) becoming a mother. Perhaps I should have tucked some of them into a scrapbook as I do with my writing clips My first client, my first Fortune 500 client, my first government contract--all distant memories.

I shredded checks and receipts.
Tossed program evaluations and outlines.

All to make room for my boys' spelling tests and math quizzes.
Thanksgiving folders and Valentine's Day poems.
Report cards and soccer rosters.

And a few plump folders filled with my half-written essays.

No comments: