Friday, March 09, 2007

The best and worst days of Splinter's life

I'm reading: The best and worst days of Splinter's lifeTweet this!

Splinter, my snuggable six year-old, recently told me that the best day of his life was the day he was born.


Then he told me that the worst the day of his life would be the day he got killed.

Excuse me?

"Well," he explained, "what if I have that shaking disease [Parkinson's] like A's grandma? Remember she was shaking all the time and couldn't stop, and couldn't walk or talk. Maybe it would be better to get killed than just wait to die."

Does this happen in other people's houses? I mean, do you start off talking with your kid about the best day of his life and end up talking about euthanasia?

At least I know he'll support me when I retire to Oregon. It's still a "right to die" state, isn't it?

I just realized I've asked all these questions, but I've disabled comments--too much spam.