Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Gifted Academy? There is no Gifted Academy.

I'm reading: The Gifted Academy? There is no Gifted Academy.Tweet this!

It's like the Fight Club; I cannot confirm its existence.

I recently reposted my essay, Giving up on Public Education, over at Chicago Moms Blog for our cross-site Education Day. The day was a success and I can see by the number of readers that clicked over to my blog, my essay struck a chord.

My stat counter also tells me that many readers have also searched the term "gifted academy, Chicago," the name of the school I used in my essay. I must tell you curious people that no such school exists; I simply used that name to maintain some thin veil of privacy for my kids. There are, I think, four private gifted academies within a 30ish mile radius. You can read about them at the Genius Denied site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case you're interested, here's one vote for finding the Chicago Moms blog via your page rather than the other way around. Came here via posting at GE 2.0. I don't live in Chicago, but I find that blog interesting too, at least partly because of the frequency with which new posts are put up.