Friday, December 28, 2007

The new laptop is here!

I'm reading: The new laptop is here!Tweet this!

We bought one, two actually, through their "give one, get one" program. For $400, we purchased an XO laptop for our family and one for a child in a developing nation. You can get an overview of the computer and the One Laptop Per Child initiative here.

We are shocked at how small and lightweight the unit is. It uses open-source software, which means the interface is quite different than what we are used to. My husband and I thought this might present some interesting tech challenges for our boys. They've been glued to it since we got it out of the box about 15 minutes ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you for supporting the OLPC efforts! I'd love to hear more how your boys explore the laptop.

I really think having this laptop will make a tremendous difference in helping to transform the lives of children and their families in developing nations.