Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Apple Crisp Smackdown

I'm reading: Apple Crisp SmackdownTweet this!

In this corner we have Brothers-All-Natural Fuji Apple Fruit Crisps, sent to me courtesy of a PR hack.* True to their name, the only ingredient in these Crisps is freeze-dried apples. It has no added sugars or preservatives.

And in this corner we have Seneca Crispy Cinnamon Apple Chips. The Chips are made from fresh apples along with a dose of oil, corn syrup, sugar, dextrose (isn't that another sugar?), cinnamon, ascorbic acid and natural flavorings. I picked up a pack at the All-Candy Expo, which actually features many snack foods.


We sampled each snack on a different car ride. The Brothers' Crisps were indeed crispy and delightfully sweet. We all but fought over how to portion out the small bag of Crisps so every member of our family got to nibble an equal amount of tasty snack.


I broke out the Seneca chips on our way to Wisconsin last weekend. Two of the four members of my family spit out the Seneca chips after the first bite. I was one of those family members. Need I say more?


Brothers-All-Natural Fuji Apple Fruit Crisps are the clear winner in the fight for your family's snack dollars!



*I also received a pack of Brothers potato crisps which, despite my love of bland foods, ranks somewhere between cardboard and matzah in terms of texture and flavor. Love those Fuji Apple Crisps, though.

2 comments:

Evenspor said...

We got some of the first kind at Costco, along with some strawberry and banana crisps from the same company. My son actually eats them on occasion. It is great to have a snack he will actually eat, I know is good for him, and I can take it in my purse. I've also found the apples to be good in muffins or oatmeal, and the strawberry and bananas are pretty good on cereal. The bananas are my least favorite, but those are the only ones I've seen my husband actually eat, so I guess it's a personal preference thing.

Kim Moldofsky said...

We were just at Costco and I forgot to look for these. Thanks for the baking tips. Glad you like them too.