Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pay it Forward Book Exchange

I'm reading: Pay it Forward Book ExchangeTweet this!

I learned about the PIFBE from Caroline Grant over at Food for Thought, who has a book of her own coming out very soon, Mama, PhD.

I won a book from Caroline's site and now it's my turn to share the love. Okay, technically it was my turn about three months ago, but I'm slow.

I've got three books to pass on to a blogger (or three) who's willing to host a similar giveaway (of these or other books) on her blog.

To win a book, leave a comment below with the title of the book you're hoping to receive.

Here's what I've gleaned from my bookshelves. Click the titles for descriptions and reviews at Amazon.com.

*Raising Your Spirited Child. This is very gently used, because it my boys were not quite as "spirited" as the ones profiled in the book. (Phew, for me.)


* The History of Love. A recent book group read. I liked it.


* Tales of a Female Nomad. Before there was Eat, Pray, Love, there was an older white suburban mom who had the same kind of crisis. She divorces, leaves her family (her kids were in college) and adventures her way around the world. Inspiring! Um, except for the part about divorcing and leaving her family. Is there a way to travel, love and grow spiritually without causing your loved ones such pain? You tell me. And then go write a best selling book about it.
Leave a comment and way to contact you, and let me know which book(s) you'd like. I'll take comments through June 3. A few days later, I'll contact the winners and ship the books via media mail, which will take two to three weeks. Remember, winners are expected to host a PIFBE on their blogs.

6 comments:

Elrena said...

I'd love to enter, for any of the three books you're giving away!

Thanks so much,
~Elrena
(Caroline's Mama PhD co-editor)

Daisy said...

This sounds great! I am looking for summer reading. I'd love to pay it forward and send off a few of mine, too. I'm a wee bit North of you: think Lambeau Field region. :)

Cara Fox said...

Ugh. I have a "spirited" child. He's also been called "quirky". With a "mind of his own". Long story short, I desperately need this book.

Thanks!
Cara
(Deep South Blogger)

Veronica said...

I'm in! And I hope you left some comments in the margins of "Raising a Spirited Child."

Mocha said...

SUCH a great idea. You knew I'd say that since I'm an educator and always giving away books for my students.

CJ said...

Oh my goodness, my son is SO spirited! I would love to get a copy of that one!