Thursday, August 21, 2008

Do I need a good night's sleep before surgery?

I'm reading: Do I need a good night's sleep before surgery?Tweet this!

DH is one of those early to bed, early to rise types. Me, not so much. At least not until I had babies and toddlers who woke before the sun would rise. (Sons rise before sun rises, LOL.)

Anyhoo, DH was urging me to come to bed because we need to leave at the crack of ass to get me to the hospital on time tomorrow for my "procedure" (nobody uses the term surgery anymore, apparently). But before I can power down the PC I have to check my tweets/blog stats/comments one more time. And since that whole cycle took a while, I need to do one more obsessive check before hitting the sack. Oh wait, three new email messages, etc. It's as though I have OCD, but only when I'm online.

My real point here is, I certainly hope the surgeon gets a good night's sleep, but they're going to knock me out. Do I have to be rested up to go under anesthesia? And I figure I'll spend the rest of the day in a drug-induced haze. Heck I may spend the entire weekend in a drug-induced haze. Do I really need a good night's sleep?

If you don't know the surgery of which I speak, take a look at the post below this one.


Kim Moldofsky said...

Ooops. I guess I wrote about my surgery somewhere else. I'm getting a herniated disk repaired, so I can walk upright and not spend most of my day in pain. Hooray for me! Let's hope that surgeon does get a good night in. I mean, he's working on my spine, dude!

Kim Moldofsky said...

No wait, I did write it down below in the Outgrowing Food Allergy post. Glad I'm not going crazy, but it's a sign I should get to sleep.

Two comments on my own freakin' blog post. How lame can I get.

Lame? Ew. Not a good word to use the night before spinal surgery.

laughingatchaos said...

Good luck today!

Leeanthro said...

Good luck Kim. I don't think rest pre-surgery is as important as post-surgery. Rest up this weekend.

Kim Moldofsky said...

Thanks. I'm a bit stiff from the surgery, but my searing leg pain is finally gone. DH is being very nice to me and so are my boys. Thanks again for your wishes.

Kyle L. said...

This looks like a old blog post, but I thought I'd leave a comment anyhow. I'm the same way when I'm online and in fact tomorrow I am going to have surgery on herniated disks c4-c5. Actually in lets see 4 hours now! I too was worried about needing sleep before surgery, thinking a long those very same lines, "I'll be put to sleep, then in a drugged out haze for the rest of the week...or longer." So, anyway, glad to hear your surgery went well, and you probably didn't need sleep after all! Because I'm sure not going to get any!!