Friday, October 10, 2008

Craziest. Week. Ever.

I'm reading: Craziest. Week. Ever.Tweet this!

Just over a week ago, I received a last-minute invite to a Subaru Dream Rally event in New Hampshire. Hmmm. Subaru? Great car. I've been driving the same one for eight years. New Hampshire in the fall? My first chance to be a leaf peeper! Complimentary massage? I am so there! Um,I believe the invitation mentioned something about cars as well. And a "hot lap," but I'll get to that later.

For now, let me say my junket was fabulous. Any trip that begins with this greeting off the plane, "Hi. I'm Joe, your chauffeur." is going to be pretty great.

I learned a lot about Subaru, met some wonderful people, and gained some mad driving skillz (just you wait for that video).

So that trip was Monday through Wednesday. I arrived home from the airport, greeted the kids off the school bus, ate dinner and went to Kol Nidre services.

Yesterday was the holiday, this morning I woke up at 5:15 to drive DH to the airport for a long weekend away (scheduled before he lost his job, FWIW), tomorrow we've got soccer and fun with cousins. Assuming that my head doesn't spin right off.

Oh yeah, and next week I'm hosting Dr. Jerry Schecter for a parent talk on Gifted Kids and Challenge. And that reminds me, I've got to call the school and set up a meeting related to that same topic.

5 comments:

ChefDruck said...

Sounds like a blast! I bet the leaves were beautiful. This has been a crazy week - I'm ready to put the high holy days behind me and get back to life!

CanCan said...

Holy-Moly, you are a celebrity! Welcome to the good life!

kristina said...

Glad your trip was a blast. How were the leaves?

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oy, what a week you had! I feel awful, I didn't pay attention to the calendar and ended up having to work on Yom Kippur while fasting. (Not my most brilliant religious experience.) Sounds like you had a great time at the Subaru event though! Can you bring guests? :-)

Kim Moldofsky said...

Jen/Sprite, I read about that. It sounded like a tough day. In the scheme of things maybe that's better than going to synagogue, but not fasting.

The trip was great. The leaves were beautiful! The fresh mountain air was exhausting. I totally crashed every night in New Hampshire. Details soon!