Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dear Jen- I love your blog!

I'm reading: Dear Jen- I love your blog!Tweet this!

To quote Carly Simon, "I bet you think this post is about you." And, Jen, why shouldn't you?

I've got, about a dozen Jen/Jenny/Jennifers in my address book. As a mom, I get it. You pick a name for your precious child, something that sparkles with you and your partner, you haven't heard that often, but by the time the ink dries on the birth certificate you find out that your newborn's name is suddenly the most common name that year.


This happened to us with Pikachu (which, of course, is not his real name). I knew less than five living people with his name, so it seemed like a great idea. Clearly it was a great idea...to DH, me and about 100 million other parents.


Nearly every year in school my son is Pikachu M and inevitably becomes best friends with Pikachu L or Pikachu H.


Anyway, Jen- today is your day!


Check out my favorite blogging Jens:



Starting local and branching out, there's Jenni from Chronicbabe.

Another local Jen writes at Beyond Mom.

There's Jen the ecochic organizer (having met her I can say she matches her tagline. She is chic and so organized!) at Function and Space and Chicago Smart Green Famlies.


Then there's Jen who "upcycles" (formerly known as reusing) items like milk jug caps in to jewelry and crafty items. Find her at Mama Sings the Blues and at her Etsy shop. (Bonus: she's also a regular reader at Momformation.)


The next Jen is another friendly voice chiming in at Momformation, but her real writing goes up at Sprite's Keeper.


Then there's Jen at Never a Dull Moment, who I often wonder if I know from IRL way back when.


And there's Jenn at Mommy Needs Coffee.


Staying with our drink theme, waaaaaay up north we've got Jen at Jen and Tonic.

And we can't forget Jenny at Three Kid Circus.

As well as Jen at Not Calm (Dot Com) who also wrote my favorite essay in the book version of Can I Sit with You?

Any favorite Jens to add to the list?

9 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

For the first time in a long time you make me like my name! Thanks for the kind words, Kim! I've been a fan of yours for a while now!

Candice said...

I know and love lots of Jenns (and Jennys and Jennifers, even a Ginny or two!) :)

jen said...

funny, what caught my eye was my name on one of chris brogan's tweets. had to come check this out. i guess i'm just another jen out there who loves the internets!

will definitely be browsing through all those links. thanks again!

Carole said...

If it doesn't have to be just mommy-blogs, you HAVE to include The Lactivist! http://thelactivist.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Filzen said...

I am Rock Star Jen, to my friends. Check me out. Www.jenniferfilzen.com

GeekMommy said...

Oooh love this one! :)

We were talking about the fact that Jennifer and Elizabeth (or variants of) were huge names when I was a kid, but now it's Caitlyn, Ava, Emma...

It's good to see the Jennifers of the world represent! Way to go ladies! Nice to see you guys bringing it!

As for me, yeah, well... I have one of those names where I've *never* been in the same class (let alone school or work) with someone of the same name. Lucretia isn't exactly 'trendy' :)

But my kidlet's name is on the rise as well. It's a zeitgeist thing I guess.
:)

ChronicBabe said...

awesome, thanks! what a compliment to be included in a list with those other fine bloggers. :) hugs -jenni (also known by many pals as jen!)

Jennifer said...

I'm another Jen (really Jennifer) and hopefully my blog will become one of your favorites. My parents were actually ahead of their time. I was born in the late 50s which was at least a decade before Jennifer became popular. When I was a teen all the babies had my name. Now my teenage son is dating a Jenna.

Jenn said...

Ohhhhhh! I love this post. I mean, hey! It is all about me. Those are awesome. ;-)

Thanks so much for the link! I can't wait to read all of my fellow Jens.