Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving project shows appreciation for family, but disses feminism

I'm reading: Thanksgiving project shows appreciation for family, but disses feminismTweet this!

The leafy craft project I promised my seven-year old niece did not work out as planned and she came up with a great Plan B: dedicate a leaf to each member of our family and write good things about that person on the front and bad things about that person on the back of the leaf.


Did I say it was a great plan? I meant it had potential. Fortunately, it didn't take much to convince her to stick with the positive aspects.

Here she is working on her leaf as I'm suggesting her fabulous traits. Our conversation took an odd turn. Listen in. And take peek at our fabulous finished product!





video



The Sharpie marker plug in the video was unintentional. But I do love Sharpies and am geeked out over their new blog. Check out Jen at Mama Sings the Blues for another intriguing Sharpie/leaf/Thanksgiving project idea.

This is me, "funtastic Aunt Kim," wishing you a wonderful holiday!

4 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Sharpies have a BLOG?!!! I am so going over there right now.

Stimey said...

Well, who doesn't love the Sharpie. I have about three dozen of them in my house.

Here's to boy AND girl power!

Veronica said...

Ah, the "don't want to be smart" phase. She'll grow of it. Or you'll smack her, I know ya. ;-)

hey, my grandma smacked us anytime we even looked at that side of life.

Karen Hartzell, Graco said...

Love it all! Even the shameless Sharpie plug! lol Have a great Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails