Monday, December 08, 2008

Happily ever after

I'm reading: Happily ever afterTweet this!

"Happily ever after" is a bit ambitious, but I'm happy to report after the recent ups and downs at school Smartypants came home Friday with a smile on his face. Excited! And we'd gotten a nice email from one of his teachers noting that she'd seen positive changes in his behavior.

Considering I was woozy from my morning back surgery, this was especially welcome news.

I'm sure we still have some challenges ahead of us, but the school has been pretty responsive. I still need to remind myself that I'm not dealing with our former public school. That was such a mess. Such an unhappy time for all of us.

Anyway, new school system, new cast of characters, new opportunities. (Repeat as necessary.)

2 comments:

kristina said...

Happy to hear all of this!

Kim Moldofsky said...

Ugh. I spoke too soon. He came home today in the worst mood ever and made us all crabby.