Thursday, April 16, 2009

Here comes the sun

I'm reading: Here comes the sunTweet this!

It finally feels like spring. The sun is shining and the chill is gone from the air--at least for today. DH had a job interview yesterday, it was just for a temporary position, but we recently learned that he can take a short-term stint and then return to his current unemployment benefits when it's up. I feared he'd lose his benefits for the sake of a temporary job, which of course would be a huge disincentive to pursue anything but the Big Job. Not that he doesn't want something permanent, whatever that means in the new economy.

On my end, I am working on a big consulting project-- yes, the Social Media Mom gig of my dreams--about which I'll share details (and product samples) when the time is right.

I just sent off an article that is set to appear on MediaPost's Engage: Moms column in a few weeks. The title (for now, anyway) is "Inviting Diversity to Your Brand-Sponsored Blogger Retreat."

(Paused. Reflected on previous sentence and just wrote my Monday Marketing to Mommy Bloggers post on the topic.)

Last Friday we headed to Indiana. You can read the whiny version at Chicago Moms Blog and the slightly happier "farm version" at Traveling Mom.

Tomorrow, I'm off to a media preview of the new Illinois Holocaust Memorial, a visit I'm both anticipating and somewhat fearing. I don't know if I'll see the entire place. My main interest for now is experiencing the children's (defined as age 9 and up) section in order to write about it for Traveling Mom.

Take a moment to reflect on one of your life's blessing today.

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Glad to hear some good news! Mazel Tov on the big gig and I can't wait to hear more!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

OK you had me at "gig of my dreams." Sounds awesome! And glad to hear about your husband's job interview.

I have to say I am very lucky for the networking opportunities I have. I feel very fortunate for those. I also am very blessed that my kiddos are both healthy and, for the most part, get along great. ;)