Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My heart goes out to them

I'm reading: My heart goes out to themTweet this!

It's one of those nights. In an effort to snuggle my boys to sleep, I dozed off only to wake up after midnight realizing I need to write the article I intended to finish after I put the boys to bed several hours ago.
After giving my teeth a proper brushing and flossing I checked my email only to find a sad and unexpected message, Maddie the little girl of my blog sister Heather from the LA Moms blog passed away.
I don't know Heather directly, but I follow her on Twitter and was vaguely aware that her daughter was sick, maybe with RSV?, and that she was in the hospital. I don't know the details. I don't need the details. All that matters is her little girl is gone.
It doesn't get any sadder than this.
Maddie was born prematurely after a complicated pregnancy. Heather has written about the important role the March of Dimes played in supporting and informing her throughout her pregnancy. In fact, she was recently asked to be an official representative for the organization.
In just 17 days, there's going to be a big MoD walk in LA. Heather's been raising money for it. I don't know if she's still going to participate in the walk, but I know that my LA blog sisters are already organizing to support her if she does.
I can't be there, but I did make a small donation to Team Maddie, something the family has asked for in lieu of flowers. (Well, they asked for a general donation to March of Dimes, but this seems most appropriate.) You can leave a note of sympathy on Heather's blog.


Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry about that. Makes all the other crap in the world seem so lame in comparison. Will leave her a note.

kristina said...

I cannot even imagine what she is going through. I'm so sad to hear about this.

Shari said...

Every parent's nightmare. My prayers are with her.