Monday, May 25, 2009

I'm down three pints of blood

I'm reading: I'm down three pints of bloodTweet this!

Or so it seems. Surely, I'd be exaggerating if I said I got a million mosquito bites during our weekend retreat in rural Wisconsin. In reality I got about 15, maybe 20. That's not inconsequential. I have three itchy lumps on my scalp, and I was up much of last night involuntary and furiously scratching my legs and ankles.

I expect to spend much of the week Googling the symptoms of West Nile Virus.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Let me know if you find any relief or any homeopathic mosquito repellents... we've had so much rain and standing water this spring that our backyard is full of the evil suckers. Poor Jasper has a lumpy head from all the bites.

Morgan said...

I went to Minnesota once and felt like I was eaten alive by mosquitos. It was awfull! Wisconsin probably isn't much better!