Friday, May 29, 2009

Synagogue retreat provides up close and personal view of modern plagues

I'm reading: Synagogue retreat provides up close and personal view of modern plaguesTweet this!

Last weekend we enjoyed a relaxing, completely unplugged retreat in rural Wisonsin with families from our synagogue.

I got about 20 mosquito bites as did every other member of my family. West Nile, anyone?

One of the moms noticed a tic on her daughters leg after a hike in the woods (of which we took several). Let's hear it for Lyme disease!

Finally, earlier a teen from the retreat was diagnosed with swine flu. To her credit, the girl's mom sent out a warning/apology along with a helpful information on the virus.

Oh, and then the boys came home yesterday with a letter from school informing us about two potential cases of swine flu in the kindergarten.

I'm off to swipe my keyboard and cell phone with disinfect wipes. Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Oh my. Germs be damned. Hope you and your family remain healthy.