Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Chicago Moms Blog Brunch

I'm reading: Chicago Moms Blog BrunchTweet this!

Cindy Fey and I hosted a wonderful brunch for the Chicago Moms Blog contributors last weekend. And when I say she and I, mean mostly "she." Roughly 90% of the credit goes to her. She so carefully planned and organized the gathering and even hosted it in an amazing downtown location. I cheered her on.

Our event featured Chicago foods thanks to donations from Pastoral Artisan purveyors of high quality cheeses, wine, and bread. I met some folks from Pastoral earlier this year and their passion for fine food shines through in all they do. (Look, they even have classes for foodie kids and adults.) They provided us with a Midwest Treasures cheese tray whose delicious local cheeses were a huge hit.

The sweet jams courtesy of Jane Addams Hull House were not only appreciated, but Cindy's girls got a great lesson on one one Chicago's greatest sheroes when they went to pick it up at the Hull House Museum.

Eli's Cheesecake provided us with three sweet creamy cheesecakes for dessert including the Cherry Noir featuring Michigan Balaton cherries. Yum! See you at Eli's Farmer's Market this summer?

But, of course, the best part was mingling with old and new friends from the Chicago Moms Blog.

Another highlight was hearing fellow mamas read their work to the group. Amy Nathan, Susan Bearman, Miss Lori, Angela Allyn. They read heartfelt and sometimes funny pieces or poems. Me? I read an old blog post, which I hope you can see when you click on the link. (Hat tip to Amy for the video clip!)

5 comments:

Patti Minglin said...

I love Pastoral Artisan--it's one of my favorite places in the city! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.

kristina said...

Ooh, I wish I was there (& lived in Chicago ... or at least in a city where there were bloggy events).

Sounds like a wonderful time and the food ... yum, yum, yummy.

Andrea Frazer - Pass the Zoloft said...

You are really great at thsi promo stuff. And now I must check out that cheese... scuze me.

2KoP said...

Thanks for hosting, Kim. It was a great party. And thanks for the link. I loved hearing your "just an old blog post". It was great. Next time I see you, remind me to tell you about the embarrassing finale to submitting the piece I read.

NYCity Mama said...

I will post about our brunch soon...sounds like you all had a great time!