Monday, June 08, 2009

My husband beats me

I'm reading: My husband beats meTweet this!

It's true. My husband is smart, funny, a deep thinker and usually quite kind, but he beats me. Yes, beats the pants off of me in every word or strategy game we play. Even when the boys and I receive generous "handicaps" to inflate our scores in say, Boggle, he leaves us in his dust. It's frustrating and leaves me feeling a few cards short of a full deck, if you know what I mean.

If you wound up on this blog via Google and are in a potentially abusive relationship, click over to learn more about domestic violence and abuse or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline.

2 comments:

laughingatchaos said...

This is why I refuse to play Trivial Pursuit with my husband. ;)

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

I'm usually the word-game dominator in our house. :) We just bought a new one - Scrabble Slam. It's a card game, and pretty fun (especially with kids).

I have to laugh about your Google disclaimer, though you're probably right on target with it. I get a ton of hits for (jokingly) mentioning psychzophrenia in one of my posts. Maybe update the post to point them in the right direction, too?