Thursday, July 09, 2009

The cure for social media overload

I'm reading: The cure for social media overloadTweet this!

I wrote about my recent feeling of social media overload over at Chicago Moms Blog and this morning I discovered a cure! I found it via Twitter, natch.

I'm not sure there's hope for me as the article recommends limiting email checks to three times a day. Three times a day? I check in three times a minute. Erm, perhaps that's part of the problem.

Also, the author suggests that if a person receives more than 50 emails a day {waves hands wildly} they hire a virtual assistant to help sort through it. Is he kidding? Then I'd miss out on the chance to review baby gear and handbags on my blog.

Oh wait, I always pass on that stuff.

Anyway, maybe I can slowly wean myself off of constant email opening. First I limit myself to once a minute and work my way up to once an hour and eventually about 5 times between the hours of 7 am and 10 pm.

With a bit of discipline, I can accomplish this by Labor Day.

Gotta run; you won't believe what just landed in my inbox!

5 comments:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

Hello, my name is Leighann and I am an e-mail-aholic.

Seriously, if you find a 12 step program to wean me from e-mail checking, I will willingly go.

Kim Moldofsky said...

I hear you. And did I saw Labor Day? I meant Christmas.

Kim Moldofsky said...

Oops meant "say" not "saw." It's too early for me to be commenting, even on my own blog.

PJ (doublelattemama) said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Most days I'm running too fast with two little kids to let my inner addict show, but some days - especially slow, rainy days - it can get ugly. Twitter has just raised the bar incredibly for us addicts! They ought to have a control that you can set to limit your checking to every X minutes (or hours ...)

Naomi said...

Umm, I am sifting through 700+ posts in my feed reader because I've been spending "quality time" with the kids. Ack.

What did you get?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails