Friday, July 03, 2009

We Dared to Stand Out

I'm reading: We Dared to Stand OutTweet this!

Dared to Stand Out on the Ledge- you know that glass enclosure sticking out of the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower? Oh yeah, Smartypants and I were there!

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an invite to the Media Preview Day for the new Sears Tower (Willis Tower) ledge. I was able to bring along my oldest and might have tried to bring the youngest as well, but the boys have been fighting like cats and dogs lately.

Enough about my obnoxious children--go read my article about our experience at TravelingMom.com. Take a peek at our photo montage on YouTube.

And look: our shoes are famous! And my 11-year-old was quoted in the Washington Post.

Earlier this year he and his orthodontia were front and center in the New York Times. That kid is quite the media darling.

We give the Ledge a thumbs-up and dare you to Stand Out on your next trip to Chicago.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Eeek! I don't think I'd like that very much. Heights are not my strong suit. But I do like your ballet flats. Very chic.

Ethans Mommy said...

Sounds like quite an adventure!!! You are definitely more daring than I am. Thanks for sharing!