Friday, August 28, 2009

Back to School Webinar with the Supermarket Guru

I'm reading: Back to School Webinar with the Supermarket GuruTweet this!

Now that the school year has begun(!), I feel the need to regroup on many levels. Some levels are psychological, some are organizational, and some are all about food. By the time we reach late August it seems like most of our meals come from reaching into the freezer and pulling out whatever isn't coated with a 2-inch layer of "protective ice." Not good.

I need to start thinking about meal planning both for dinner, school lunches and quick, healthy snacks. Plus, I'd like to get out of my awful (and expensive) habit of multiple runs to the grocery store each week.

So I'm looking forward to next week's webinar with ConAgra and Phil "The Supermarket Guru" Lempert. On Wednesday, September 2, he's hosting a free webcast from
1-2 CST (2-3 EST, 11-1 PST) and it's open to all.
Phil will be sharing money-saving shopping tips, lunch box alternatives (my boys are bored after five years of jelly sandwiches, but cannot seem to move beyond them) and quick meal ideas.

He's a lively and entertaining speaker, full of interesting food facts. More importantly, I always learn helpful tips and tricks from him. But if that's not enough, there will be giveaways throughout his presentation, too.

This is a client project, but one that really interests me as a mom. Most of my work with ConAgra is behind the scenes consulting, but I'm happy to put myself in from of the brands when it's a good fit, as this is. I hope you'll join in!

Click to register for the event. You can follow along on Twitter with the hashtag #FoodsULove on Wednesday, 9/2.

See MommySnacks for a pre-event giveaway of Phil Lempert's book and $50 of ConAgra coupons.


Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

Yeah, you know it's bad when your kids ask, "Are we having dinner tonight?" Apparently we had too many "eat some cereal or toast up a frozen waffle" nights this summer! I'm right there with you in trying to get a good "food routine" going now that school is back in. My kids are WAY too busy to eat lousy - they need good food for stamina! Thanks for sharing this info.

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

This looks great. I hope he has lots of meat-free options for the lunchbox. And of course those low in HFCS!

Naomi said...

Roo eats a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich almost every day. I am hoping she broadens her horizons soon.

RL Julia said...

Check out laptoplunch for some good lunch ideas as well. - if nothing else, they are really pretty.

kristina said...

I'm planning on following along. May pop in a little late, depending on Ryan's nap. In any case, looks like great info...