Wednesday, August 05, 2009

ClutterCast II: Bathroom Kitsch

I'm reading: ClutterCast II: Bathroom KitschTweet this!

There are certain items I can't even consider bringing to the resale shop. And yet, I can't toss them either, so say hello to my second ClutterCast.

Not only have I been decluttering, but I've been helping my mom do so as well. My parents no longer live in the house where I grew up, but they still have the bathroom art from it. Bathroom art?! Yes!

We had a guest bath that was filled with all manner of bathroom kitsch. It was one of those things that started with a cute bathroom-themed piece of art or two and then grew, as collections tend to, when people began to equate my parents with crappy bathroom art and by it for them.


At any rate, if you know someone who'd just love this framed picture of the smoking kitties or you'd love to pass on the urinal scene to your favorite Women's Libber, er, feminist, leave me a note in the comments. I'll run this for at least a week, maybe longer depending on interest (or lack of it?).

And now for the pieces:


Kim Moldofsky said...

Not even a single taker yet? *sigh* That may be okay because my 9 y.o. **really** wants to keep the smoking kittens. Smoking kittens! what's not to love?

Jay said...

I'll take the urinal scene for my new office if no one has claimed it. I think the bathroom at Collective Bias needs a little personality;)

kristina said...

I'm not raising my hand for one (no offense) but this post brought a smile to my face. Bathroom kitsch ... classic!

Naomi said...

I am in looooove with the kittens. Seriously.

Naomi said...

I am in looooove with the kittens. Seriously.

Meowmie said...

Actually, the kittens are cute, tho creepy. :-)

Robyn said...

I would like the kittens. I have nothing in my bathroom right now and that would be something different.

Momma to my boyz said...

I would love the urinal scene for the mens room in my office. I am an office manager for a plumbing company and the boys would so love this piece of "art".