Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Giving it a Whrrl in Galena

I'm reading: Giving it a Whrrl in GalenaTweet this!

A few of my blog friends started using Whrrl, an application that let's people share their stories through photos. When I first saw it, it seemed like TMI. I really don't need to see my friends' trips to the grocery store. So when I saw the Whrrl people at the pre-BlogHer09 Social Luxe party, I didn't pay them much mind.

But then it dawned on me that it might be a convenient way to share or enhance my travel stories, even though I don't have an iPhone. An iPhone makes it easy to share stories in real time. But if you know me, you know that I avoid mobile web surfing. When I'm out and about, I try to focus on where I'm going and what I'm doing, not to mention who I'm with. I spend so much time glued to my screen at home that it's good for me to step away from the virtual every now and then.

At any rate, I have not yet succumbed to the iPhone, but I clicked to Whrrl and I liked it. Take a look.

Powered by Whrrl



Powered by Whrrl


Powered by Whrrl


What do you think? Interesting addition to the social media toolkit?

5 comments:

Naomi said...

Whrrl is great for travelogues! I haven't gotten the knack yet but I intend to figure it out soon...

Stacey @ Tree, Root, and Twig said...

If I had material half this interesting to share, then maybe I'd like Whrrl better. As it is, I *want* to love it, but am still thinking it's a tad complicated and just not for everyone. I guess the jury is still out for me.

Anonymous said...

These look really cool!

2KoP said...

I'm still struggling with the point of Whrrl, but I like the way you have used it here.

Shari said...

Most importantly, how did you like Galena? It's on our to do list.