Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Marketing to Moms: Avoiding Blogger Burnout

I'm reading: Marketing to Moms: Avoiding Blogger BurnoutTweet this!

The blogosphere is constantly evolving. It grows so fast that it's hard to notice that our little blogging circle of life has quite an attrition rate. Indeed, several of my favorite must-read moms from back in the day don't even blog anymore. I miss them; I hope to be around for the long term.

Which is really a lengthy excuse for why I don't have a full post today. I've got a to-do list as long as my arm, and with the boys back in school, I need to get back to a solid work schedule. Of course, that is not to say that my unemployed husband won't provide a welcome distraction at some point. In fact, there is no shame in admittedly placing a bit of afternoon delight ahead of a thoughtful blog post. Is there? Even if I am blushing as I type this.

At any rate, Liz at Mom101 wrote an excellent post on the worth of a blogger. Go read it. Her post and the 100 or so comments that follow got me thinking about many things related to marketing and moms, some of which are sure to show up on this blog. But first, there's that to do list. And then the husband. ;-)

Click for more thoughtful commentary on marketing to moms.

And there's still time to join the Back to School Webinar with the Supermarket Guru!

And if you have any tips on avoiding blogger burnout, share them below.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm fairly new to blogging, so I don't have many great tips. I've been taking breaks from blogging (about one weekend a month) and pre-writing posts when I have time, energy, and inspiration. But, as I said, I'm still new to this, so I don't know how well those will work in the long run!