Sunday, September 20, 2009

Ninja Master Mama: Blender and Karate Chopper

I'm reading: Ninja Master Mama: Blender and Karate ChopperTweet this!

I rule! Well, I rule the kitchen. At least that's what some PR folks think. Perhaps because of my food blog or maybe they caught a glimpse of my old zine for women in martial arts (illustrations below). Yes, for a time I was literally a kick-ass mama!

Whatever the reason, I'm pleased to be going New York City to see the new Ninja Master Prep Blender and Chopper in action with the help of Food Network's Robin Miller (whose book is sitting on my nightstand as I type). We'll also demo new cleaning tools from the Euro-Pro/Shark folks.

Not to sound all kiss-ass-y, but when the boys were young, we had a Shark hand-vac that was as much a part of our after dinner clean-up as the dishwasher. Even now, we refer to our hand vac as the Shark Vac. As in, "Look at these crumbs?! Bring the Shark Vac over and get busy, young man."

I do believe review samples will be offered. I hereby pledge to only accept what I think will be welcome and useful in my house (and by extension relevant to my readers who are like my imaginary house guests). I promise not be one of those bloggers who translates the offer of "we'll send you whatever items interest you for free" into "let us provide holiday gifts to your family and friends at no charge to you."*

{Edited 10/5 to add that you can see the Ninja Blender in action on my food blog (and enter to win Starbucks VIA) and you can read a more thorough reviews at The Full Mommy.}

Follow along on Twitter #NinjaLaunchNYC. And if you're in my Chicago-ish neighborhood, drop me a note. Rumor has it that I'm going to learn to make mean smoothies, maybe even frappucinos, with the Ninja Master Blender. In fact, one anxious child is already salivating at the thought. Let's hope his father cleans up the drooly puddle while I'm getting a taste of the Big Apple.

*This is not to imply that anyone on the blog junket is that type of blogger. It's just that I sometimes have flashbacks to a certain event where things got a bit out of hand. And no, it wasn't BlogHer.


Adventures In Babywearing said...

You will have so much fun- and I definitely would love to stop by for a homemade frappucino!!!


Kimberly/Mom in the City said...

You are so funny! I can't wait to meet you in person. It will be a blast.

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction said...

Looking forward to meeting you there! Should be a lot of fun! :)

Naomi said...

Maybe you can show me some ninja moves during the demos...

kristina said...

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to read your take on it.

Nikki @ Blasian Baby said...

I think your still pretty kick ass =)