Thursday, August 12, 2010

Answer: Soup, Mashed Potatoes and Apple Sauce

I'm reading: Answer: Soup, Mashed Potatoes and Apple SauceTweet this!

Question: what do you stock up on when your child is about to get a mouthful of braces?

Yes, "Phase II" orthodontia begins today, right before we head to school to pick up class lists, sign on to the PTO and put a few shekels in the hot lunch fund. Wish us luck on all accounts.

I'll be out at a blogger event all day tomorrow when the discomfort really sets in. I'm confident that soft foods, grandma's love and a day spent in front of TV/playing Wii (plus maybe a bit of Advil) will go a long way to ease the pain.

1 comment:

Leighann of Multi-Minding Mom said...

I had braces as an adult. It always hurt worse the second day. Give him Tylenol or Advil before the pain kicks in (ask the orthodontist which). And for me, chewing some sugar-free gum (sugar-free so that it didn't stick) helped relieve some of the pressure.

Good luck to your guy!