Yes, the Legos are coming to town! As the mom of a Chicago-area Lego fanatic, I jumped at the chance to receive media passes to Lego KidsFest, but I'm more like a media partner as they asked me to post about the event prior to its arrival.
For better or worse, my granchildren will inherit thousands of Lego pieces all mixed together in one a ginourmous plastic bin. That's how we roll.
We are also rolling over to McCormick Place on October 30 for Lego KidsFest. It takes place
October 29-31 and promises excitement, activities and nonstop family fun.
Highlights will include:
- LEGO Model Museum, featuring more than 40 life-sized LEGO models
- Live demonstrations from LEGO Master Builders
- LEGO Creation Nation, a hands-on building activity
- LEGO Games Gallery, with live game play of the newest LEGO board games like Minotaurus, Creationary and Race 3000 (My son is a huge fan of these games and has sweet talked his grandma into buying him several of them)
- LEGO Arcade, featuring interactive fun with LEGO video games
- An opportunity to enter to Win a Trip to LEGOLAND® California
- Watching my son spend all of his allowance
For detailed information, to purchase tickets and to register for LEGO Club meetings, please visit LEGOKidsFest.com. Be warned, this event often sells out.
Oh, and forget what I said about my grandkids playing with Legos, they will have their robots do it for them.
Also, the photos above our from our home collection, the Lego models at the event will be even cooler. :-)