Monday, January 10, 2011

Advice for the Blissdom Bound

I'm reading: Advice for the Blissdom BoundTweet this!

Headed to Nashville for Blissdom at the end of this month? Me, too!

I'm delighted to be speaking again this year, sharing tips on buying a home.

Just kidding.

I'm talking about Making Your Own Opportunitie$. Okay, I added the dollar sign in myself. The session is Advanced monetization is not for whiny complainers: Making your own opportunities. I'll be alongside none other than Barbara Jones and Esther Crawford (yes, that Esther Crawford!) with Sommer Poquette moderating.

Whether this is your first blogger conference or your fifth, it's not uncommon to feel little butterflies of excitement and anxiety before gathering IRL with several hundred of your bloggy BFFs.

Here are a couple of posts to help your prepare, mentally, for a great conference. I leave the packing and wardrobe tips to someone else.



And one post for after Blissdom, just in case you're feeling as dejected and let down as I was after my first blog conference: You are not invisible.

What are your Blissdom hopes and fears?

Oh, and if you have a success story that might be good to share at my presentation, let me know about it here.

6 comments:

Shell said...

I cannot wait for Blissdom! I will be in your session. :)

I'm so excited to meet some of the bloggers that I know will be there. I think my fear is that I will just stay in my safe little bubble with the bloggers I know and not branch out. I have a big mouth on my blog, but am a little shy when it comes to introducing myself to people.

HoosierHomemade said...

I'm looking forward to your session at Blissdom!!
See you there :-)
~Liz

Jen said...

I'm not going to Blissdom...I hear great things about it, though - maybe next year. Your monetization panel sounds really important and fantastic. My loss!

Lisa said...

won't be at Blissdom but reading your posts as I mentally prepare for BlogHer

I'm Domestic not Dead said...

This was really helpful. I'm going to Blissdom, but am like Shell. Totally outgoing and confident on my blog, but this is my first conference, so I'm VERY intimidated by all you pro's! I'm looking forward to your workshop! Thanks!

Stuff Parents Need said...

I think I'm feeling most nervous about the fact that I don't have a group of bloggers that I'm going to meet up with when I get there. I wish I did! I only have a few bloggy friends, and none of them are going. So I'm afraid that it will be difficult for me to strike up meaningful conversations with other people, because they are all going to have bffs that they want to talk with (and I would understand...what a wonderful reunion Blissdom must be). So that's my fear!