Monday, January 03, 2011

My Gynecologist is a Man

I'm reading: My Gynecologist is a ManTweet this!

I long subscribed to the theory that seeing a male gynecologist would be like going to an auto mechanic who's never owned a car, but here I am.

DH announced last week that his office was closed today, the first business day of 2011. I told him I already had a lunch date--with my gyne.

Well, it's not a lunch date, it's my annual exam. It's actually my 16-month exam; I held off so as to start chipping away at our insurance deductible from day one. Though come to think of it, this wellness visit might be fully covered.

At any rate, during my first visit to "Dr. Man" he met with me, fully clothed. I mean I was fully clothed. I mean we met in his office for a "get to know the new patient" chat, both dressed to the nines.

We talked, we laughed and then I was directed to the exam room where I disrobed and he stuck things inside me. Honestly, I've had dates worse than that.

Speaking of TMI, did you see my recent post, "The baboon who loved me"? Nah, I didn't think you did. It went live on December 28.

Stop in tomorrow for the 2011 season premiere of Property Sluts!

7 comments:

RL Julia said...

Mine is to. And he is cute. It helps that he is cute.

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

My gyno is a man also. He is the best and I'm not ashamed to say I love the man.

Shari said...

My gynecologist is a man as well. It is a strange feeling at first, but I stick with his office because they tend to run on time. I got over the uneasiness since I know I'll be finished quickly.

Cat @ 3 Kids and Us said...

Hmm, just can't do a male gyno, never even tried. The whole idea of it slightly freaks me out.

ChefDruck said...

I have this weird thing that makes me go to a female gyno regularly but switch to a man when I'm pregnant. If that's not a daddy complex, I don't know what is!

J Sedai said...

my first gyno was a female, I was 17ish? and came with all the body image issues that you have when you're that age, and she LOOKED LIKE BARBIE. this was not fair. since then I've found that (for me) women gyno's are more "suck it up" "I've been thru this too, stop complaining" "preachin to the choir here sister" about both the procedure and about when I was pregnant or having my miscarriages. so I TRY to have male gyno's they are a lil more gentle, or try to be more understanding, since they know they don't KNOW what's happening "down there".

Also, in the Military health care system since I've never had a "bad exam" I only get an exam like every 3 yrs now? even with a history of cancer in my family. YAY budget cuts!

Nikki @ Mommy Factor said...

I've tried using a male gyno. While I did like him I never got 100% comfortable. I'm back to a female. Your post reminds me I'm due for a visit. Gee thanks :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails