It feels like the annual conference of the Illinois Association for Gifted Children just took place and they're already hard at work planning for 2012. If you've got something to say about gifted children, apply to be a speaker.
Mama always said if you don't have anything nice to say, it's best not to say anything at all, so maybe I should sit on the sidelines for one more year.
On the other hand, I'm certain many parents could relate to the following topics on which I am well-qualified to speak:
- Advocating for your gifted child: I don't know what I'm doing either
- Advocating for your gifted child: Learn from my mistakes
- Advocating for your gifted child: How to be THAT mom
- Holy Sh*t, I've totally screwed up my kid!
- Budgeting for gifted education: How to turn mothballs into money
- Budgeting for gifted education: How to guilt grandma into paying for enrichment classes
- Budgeting for gifted education: Private school, specialists, enrichment programs or geek camp? How to prioritize your spending.
- You did what?! When smart kids do stupid things
What do you think? Should I pitch one of these? Anyone want to propose a panel with me?