Thursday, August 02, 2012

And on My Second Visit to Pumping Station 1

I'm reading: And on My Second Visit to Pumping Station 1Tweet this!

I was getting ready to sit down with my family for Shabbat dinner on a Friday night in June when a DM landed in my inbox inviting me to join a group later that night Pumping Station:1, a Chicago hackerspace. Much later. As in 10 PM later.

Heading to the city at 10 PM? Alone? Me?

I texted back: Uh, that's a little late for me. Maybe next time.

And then I laid out the details for my husband.

"Sounds like this is out of your comfort zone," he said. "You should go."

"You think? Really?" I asked.


So, after a rousing family trip to Target to pick up last minute supplies for camp, I headed to the city.


After 10 PM.

Read more about my night at my new blog, The Maker Mom

1 comment:

Shari said...

I'm not sure I could stay up much after 10:00 p.m. anymore. It used to be SOP, but these days it's too hard with young kids. Maybe when our girls are older and stop getting up at 6:30 a.m. every day. I'm impressed you went. I hope it was great!