Saturday, September 15, 2012

Fun Mom Fail

I'm reading: Fun Mom FailTweet this!

So I took another crack at being a fun mom and slept on the outdoor deck with my tween last night. I wasn't worried about mosquito bites this time because with the cooler weather, nearly every part of my body was covered. I wore two pairs of leggings, socks and a long sleeve t-shirt topped off by a sweatshirt. I tucked myself into a sleeping bag snug as a bug in a rug with only my face exposed.

Which is where I received four mosquito bites. Including one that nearly swelled my right eye shut.

Next time the boy wants to sleep out there it's dear husband's turn to play along.

2 comments:

Trixie ThrifTee Gear said...

He will have that sweet memory of his mom sleeping outside with him long after the mosquito bites are gone; you did good!

Sarah Auerswald said...

Ouch! So sorry you got the bites. Man I hate mosquitos!

But it was a cool thing to do with your Tween.