Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Worst Pitch Ever?

I'm reading: Worst Pitch Ever?Tweet this!

I've been blogging since 2005. Now, the marketers didn't fully embrace mom bloggers until about 2008, but I've received thousands of pitches since then, including this doozy. Sometimes a bad pitch is just off for my audience (no, I don't write about baby products--have you seen my blog?), sometimes there's just no value exchange between this blog and the brand (no, I won't blog about your product in exchange for your beautiful hi-res images) and sometimes the pitch just stinks. In this case, the odor nearly wafts off my screen. Seriously, it's only January and I'm pretty sure I've received the worst pitch of 2013.

I quote: ... a company known for its composting initiatives is releasing its limited edition, eco-friendly 2013 calendar that goes to extreme measures to raise awareness about the environment. The (name redacted) Foundation calendar features scantily-clad women decked in poop, and posing over toilets – all in an effort to capture the attention of those who don’t consider green living to be a priority. 

0_0

I thought it was going to be the scantily-clad women was going to be the deal breaker, but then I kept reading.

If this isn't the worst pitch of 2013, I'm a little worried about the year ahead.

16 comments:

Michelle said...

How about the one where I can review a product and share all about it in exchange for a free product. Oh, and every first time customer gets free product in general. Nah, yours is worse. Mine just irritates me :)

adrienne said...

What, you don't crave more hi-res images? How about guest posts on, say, car sales in Guam or health insurance for house plants?

I can offer you some really great copy and direct interviews with a leading expert on deodorant efficacy.

Wait, don't go. I also have this great big piece of equipment I'll send to the mommy blogger with the biggest stats if you respond in the next 4.5 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is awesome!!!! Part of me wants to see pics.........nah!!!!!!!! Clair @ http://www.mummydeals.org

Mocha Dad said...

I want to leave a comment, but I have no words.

HotPinkNChoc said...

I keep getting emails from Asia about how they want to sell my chocolate in their shop. ??? I don't sell chocolate! READ-MY-BLOG before you email me. Good grief.

Donna said...

Wow. I think you are right. And I am so grateful I did not receive that one!

Malia said...

Oh. My. Word. I'm speechless.

Malia said...

Oh. My. Word. I'm speechless.

Megryansmom said...

But the images are hi-res!

Desiree said...

Um. Whoa.

Daisy said...

Ew. And compost isn't even about poop, really. Good thing they didn't try to pitch this calendar to me at Compost Happens!

Lisa Noel said...

uh gag

Windy City Mama said...

Oh my! Wonder if anyone took "the pitch". Gross!

Mel S. said...

That is too funny. What are these people thinking?

Mel S
http://twomomsalittletimeandakeyboard.blogspot.com

Mom101 said...

That is truly disgusting. The all-caps version.

But it's not the pitch that's bad, it's the horrendous product they're pitching. I am truly not easily offended. But this is all up in 2 Girls 1 Cup territory.

Not that I know what that is.

Just guessing.

mom101 said...

PS Not just you.

http://washingtonpoststyle.tumblr.com/post/39940045967/the-fertile-earth-foundation-calendar-features

Related Posts with Thumbnails