Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Going to be a Very Chicago Weekend

I'm reading: It's Going to be a Very Chicago WeekendTweet this!

Chicago from the Lake
I love that we live close enough to Chicago to enjoy the best that the city has to offer. On a weekend morning, we can hop on the expressway and be downtown int he blink of an eye (not so much during rush hour, though). We can also take the train in when we don't want to deal with driving.

This weekend I'll be in the city for two fun events.

First up, Dance Theatre of Harlem at the Auditorium Theatre.

I've heard about this racially diverse dance troupe for years through a social media friend who's on their board and I'm excited to see them perform. It's been more tan 15 years since this troupe performed at the Auditorium Theatre. Like many shows there, it's only in town for a few days, so don't miss it!

Performance dates and times:
11/21 at 7:30 pm
11/22 at 2:00 PM and again at 7:30
11/23 at 3:00 PM

Tickets range from $30 -95
Learn more about Dance Theatre of Harlem




I'll also be attending..


ChiTAG, the Chicago Toy And Game Fair takes place this weekend, November 22 and 23, at Navy Pier. We attended the first (or second) one when the boys were little and it was a smallish event in Schaumburg. It's been fun to see this event move to the city and grow over the years. Not only are there more exhibitors, but there's more to do. Check out the events at the Fair.

I'll be there early Saturday for a media preview. Let me know if you're planning on going. And if you are planning to attend, don't miss this coupon for $2.00 off admission.

Want to attend for free? My friend Angie is giving away a family pass, but hurry over and click. The giveaway ends 11/18 at 11:59 PM.

Telestrations is one of my family's favorite ChiTAG finds!

Speaking of toys, games and Chicago, I'm going to be on WGN Morning News on Black Friday sharing my picks for this year's top STEM gifts! The time is still TBA, but I'l be sure to post when I have the details.

No comments: