Monday, June 08, 2015

She Lost Her Child at Target

I'm reading: She Lost Her Child at TargetTweet this!

So I was at Target with the other day when an older woman pushing a baby stroller with an infant passed by calling out "Carolyn...Carolyn!"

I stopped her, concerned about her lost child (or maybe grandchild, but I wanted to err on the side of caution; maybe she had late-in-life babies?).

"Is Carolyn your daughter?" I inquired.

She paused and gave me an odd, confused look before answering. "Yes," she practically whispered.

"Would you like me to help you find her?" I offered.

Then she smiled. "Oh, Carolyn is my daughter, but she's 30 years old. This is her baby," she said as she pointed to the contents of the stroller."

"Uh, okay. I guess she can manage safely on her own until she's found then."


1 comment:

Daisy said...

Classic. Grandma and Caroline will laugh about this escapade for years. At least I hope so!
My daughter is 28. When we get separated in a store, we text each other. She's a millennial, through and through.