Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Subaru Dream Rally: Setting the scene

I'm reading: Subaru Dream Rally: Setting the sceneTweet this!

I was thrilled to be invited to join Subaru's inaugural Dream Rally. They invited a handful of journalists (and me) to New Hampshire to learn more about the Subaru brand and drive their latest models while picking up some mad driving skillz. They also promised us a fab spa treatment to help us wind down after our long, dusty day at the O'Neil Rally School and Car Control Center. How could I say no?

Kristin from MotherProof, the go-to site for moms and cars, travel writer Lynn (who write alongside my friend Andrea), and Wendy from Parents/GoodyBlog were part of our our small group.
The event was arranged with the help of Brushfire, who added several delightful touches to the event: a pre-event email linking to a local weather forecast, a goody bag full of New Hampshire products (maple syrup would be the overriding theme), and a fruit and cheese tray in our rooms upon our return from the driving school. I was over the moon when I saw that tray and would have stopped to take a picture of it had I not been famished. It was a thoughtful move that brought a huge smile to my face. Good "wow" factor. If only they could have done something about the hotel's spotty Internet service.

Ah, the hotel. We stayed at the Mountain View Grand Hotel and Spa, a charming historic hotel nestled in the White Mountains. I walked down the rural road leading to the hotel and it was everything one would expect from New England in the fall: fresh air, crisp leaves scattered about the ground, trees ablaze with color, and pumpkins on the porches of quaint houses.
Here are some photos from an early morning walk. videoAnd here's the view from the hotel porch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails